One of the biggest mistakes you can make while travelling is getting stuck eating at a tourist trap, especially in countries that are known for great food (if you’re in the UK go ahead and eat anywhere you want). So here’s a few rules that will help you avoid eating unauthentic overpriced previously frozen food.
6 Sure-fail signs of a tourist trap. Never enter if any of the following apply:
1. There is someone out front trying to get you to come inside.
2. There are pictures of the food posted outside.
3. They serve pizza and you are not in Italy or they are not solely a pizza place.
4. They offer you a discount, a free drink or appetizer to come in.
5. Fake plated food.
6. Menu is hella big. Menu should fit on one page.
That being said, some of these places are very cute and have great views. You have my permission to go inside and have a couple drinks. Just do Not eat there.
If you would like to know more about France, here's the link to my travel blog.
France in under 40 minutes